1. All dollhouse kits require assembly, although our ready to play assembled dollhouse kits do not require extensive assembly. Assembling a dollhouse kit can be an enjoyable, long term activity. Depending on individual skill level and the complexity of the unassembled dollhouse kit, it can take anywhere between five and 40 hours to build.
2. Many people find that the greatest pleasure of putting together unassembled dollhouse kits is in the furnishing. Once built, changing your assembled doll house kit by adding on rooms, changing paint, and refining the designs will make dollhouse furnishing a delightful hobby for years to come.
3. For dollhouse collectors who prefer to get a head start on furnishing, we offer a small number of furnished dollhouse collector kits. Each furnished dollhouse collector kit comes with a multi-piece wooden dollhouse furniture set.
4. One of the best parts about picking out a dollhouse kit is choosing your favorite architectural style. Victorian doll house collector kits are consistently among our most popular architecture-inspired doll houses. A Colonial or Queen Anne doll house collector kit would also appeal to fans of architecture in miniature.
5. Not every dollhouse kit need be a dollhouse. The dollhouse collector kit selection at DollHousesGalore.com includes dozens of alternative and/or complementary structures, such as cabin, cottage, lighthouse, farm, and farmhouse dollhouses.
6. If you're new to the world of collectable doll house kits, you should know a bit about scales before making a selection. Scale refers to the ratio of miniature size to real-world size. A 1 inch scale dollhouse kit is 1:12 or 1 inch per foot. A 1/2 inch scale dollhouse kit is 1:24 or 1/2 inch per real-world foot.
7. The more stories your dollhouse collector kit has, the more fun you'll get to have in furnishing it. Three-story dollhouse kits are the most popular style at DollHousesGalore.com, with anywhere from six to nine rooms (or so) plus porches, hallways, and verandas.
8. To find a mansion fit for a miniature king or queen, browse our selection of Real Good Toys collector dollhouse kits. Their largest doll house kits have up to 15 rooms.
9. Dollhouse collecting isn't just for Jills. Our selection of dollhouses from the Melissa and Doug brand includes House that Jack Built hardwood dollhouses for inspired furnishers and collectors of either gender.
10. Collecting dollhouses can be as affordable or expensive a hobby as you make it. Greenleaf dollhouse kits offer an affordable doorway to the world of miniatures.
"The experience was wonderful!! I ordered online Wednesday and had my dollhouse that Saturday - standard shipping. GREAT service!!! I have other family members who are getting a dollhouse for the holidays and I will be sure they know about your online business."